Saturday, May 31, 2008

oh shi(f)t ! ! !

hi. exams on. Less time. So no updates.....this was one article i had written on may 10th n i dont have the patience to edit it...

its may 10th. I have roughly 10 days to go for my sem 4 exams (read: death) to commence and here i am. Tired. Bored. Frustrated. (blame it on i.e.m.!!!). even more so because my vivas ended day before yesterday. I need a break but given the situation i am in, its better to start early.

There are some things which i get annoyed at really quickly. One of them is my parents not telling me some things which they should. They think that it will get me thinking into these things and affect me.
Bullshit.

Lately, i had been hearing the 'shift' word a lot in the maa-baap conversations (i tend to accidently eavesdrop sometimes when i am in the kitchen making myself a snack) . The discussion had taken several forms like argument, debate, vociferous declaration and what not. Especially my mom(i guess all moms are like this). I confronted my dad and he told me to mentally prepare myself as we are moving out of the house to a new one by the end of june. Even though i was expecting this, my hands and feet went cold. Now cmon, i ve been living in this house for about 17 years. You dont expect me to be happy to leave it!!

its so bad. Shifting sucks. Dad said that there was a chance that wouldnt happen and i pray so. But its a very thin chance. Might as well forget about it. I ll miss my friends. Goes without saying. But some subtle things have been such a part and parcel of my life that i cant imagine my life without them....

... the daily morning 4 o clock noise of the milk truck.

...the sweet scent of chocolate wrappers in my building lift.

...the awesome sea view from my terrace.

...my early morning jog at the race course.

...smell of horse shit along my way around the race course towards mahalaxmi station everyday.

...the futile wait for bus 124.

...the sweet scent of agarbatti in the passage corridor.(courtesy::neighbour)

...the ganesh visarjan proceedings in my colony every year.

...the broken glass windows of the opposite buildings reminding me of my school days when we used to play cricket and broke those so conveniently(and how the govt has been incapable of repairing them even now!!).

...the empty 8.17 borivali slow everyday.

...sams-the best hajjam in tardeo.

...haji ali juice centre.

...walks along worli sea face.

...troubling couples making out near lala lajpatrai college.

...tnmc ground beside my building..

...the 20 yr old rajdoot(its a bike..dunno whose but it looks awesome!! lol!!)

...difficulty in crossing the 6 lane road at haji ali stretch.

...the 9 to 10 timepass below with friends.

...my room (sob sob!!)

...tardeo book center ( my saviour throughout!!!)

...sardar pav bhaji

...kalpana restaurant

...city bakery

...flora

...sealord

..paschim
(the last 6 are restaurants!!!)

...the every sunday football in lala lajpatrai colg compound

...an isolated place near breach candy

...the irritating tune on opening the lift door

...phoenix mills

...the easy access to town

...THE TAXI!!!!

...the usual 6.5 sec delay of my room tubelight

...my rooms dirty curtains

...throwing water on bhelpuriwala below

...still but unusuallly moving cars, at the back of lala colg quadrangle!!!!(lol)

...worli police swimming pool


,....the list is endless but i wont bore the reader (if any) furthur!!!!!!!

bottomline:: i dont want to shift!!!!!!

4 comments:

Dimple Nangia said...

lol nice post :)
i can say i feel the same.. coz lately even we've been thinkin of shifting.. but then everytime i think of it.. i get really upset.. i mean my complex is amazing..so many friends here.. i can call anyone at 10 in the night and they will come down for a walk.. and loads more..

but ive been eating and my fingers are still a little oily (eww) n im getting all of it on my keyboard which i HATE.. so gr8 post.. c ya

Goswami said...

aaja beta aaja......bahut log tera "intezaar" kar rahe hain :D

Anonymous said...

hey i no hw it mst b 2 leave a place were u hv lived 4 17yrs........gosh.....i hvnt even lived 4 7 yrs at 1 place...hv been quite used 2 it nw....n ya ur locality seems interesting. wil hv 2cum dere nce 4 sure....hopefully ;)

Anonymous said...

well to make things seem worse for you...i've experienced missing my place after coming down here...its horrible!!
sweet post... thought it would suck in the begining...just when i was abt to start enjoyng it...you came up with "don't wanna bore the readers":P...found it sweet nevertheless:)
-uttara